The Nebraska Conference of the United
Church of Christ represents a church:
- That is inclusive... - We celebrate the diversity of the whole human family
- That honors tradition - We treasure our rich history and heritage
- That embodies Scripture - We seek to extend God's grace as known through Jesus Christ
- That works for justice and peace - We take our responsibility for this world seriously
- That seeks wholeness for the whole earth - We honor the integrity of God's creation
- That respects individual freedom - We welcome the expression of honest difference
- That values community - We work for the upbuilding of God's kingdom
- That empowers people - We support and encourage persons to fulfill their calling
- That responds to God's Spirit - We sing and pray and celebrate and listen and act
That God may awaken us to life and that deep joy known in self-giving love.
"The mission of the Nebraska Conference of the United Church of Christ is to strengthen, inspire and nurture local churches so that they can challenge and empower persons for a mission of mercy, love and justice in their communities and in the world."
We celebrate our call to mission in partnership with our local congregations. Our mission begins in local communities and extends across the state from Chadron to Falls City. It includes our historic relationship with Doane College, our shared commitment to campus ministries, our ecumenical support of Interfaith Ministries of Nebraska, and our long and creative relationship with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Nebraska. We invite you to explore the many dimensions of our mission in Nebraska which include:
Our mission commitments reach far beyond Nebraska. They include our deep involvement with the wider church as part of the United Church of Christ, and a vital partnership with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana, West Africa. Each of these relationships is an expression of our discipleship as we seek to embody the hope of the Gospel "that all may be one."
Statement of Faith
We believe in You, O God, Eternal Spirit, God of our Savior Jesus Christ and our God, and to Your deeds we testify:
You call the worlds into being, create persons in Your own image,and set before each one the ways of life and death.
You seek in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.
You judge people and nations by Your righteous will declared through prophets and apostles.
In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Savior, You have come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and death and reconciling the world to Yourself.
You bestow upon us Your Holy Spirit, creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
You call us into Your church to accept the cost and joy of discipleship, to be Your servants in the service of others, to proclaim the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil, to share in Christ's baptism and eat at His table, to join Him in his passion and victory.
You promise to all who trust You forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, Your presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in Your realm which has no end.
Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto You.